Job Requirements for Professional Live-In Nanniesby Martha Scully • June 02, 2016
Live-in nannies offer many advantages for families as well as for the nannies themselves. For a nanny, living with a family allows you to pay low rent, and have no grocery expenses. You also work closer with the parents in order to create a stronger relationship with the children you are caring for. For a family, a professional live-in nanny can elevate a lot of stress. Having an extra pair of hands in the home, especially if an infant is involved, can be a tremendous help. In this article, we lay out the qualifications & responsibilities of a professional live-in nanny. This information is helpful to job seekers looking for live-in nanny jobs as well as parents looking to hire a live-in nanny.
Live-in Nanny Job Qualifications
- Experience caring for children of all ages
- First Aid and CPR Training
- English (spoken and written)
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Depending on the child, you should be physically able to lift and carry them
- Reliable and patient
Live-in Nanny Job Responsibilities
Once the job typical responsibilities would include:
- Provide a safe, loving, and stimulating environment for the children. This is the primary responsibility of any nanny. Children should be encouraged to have fun indoors and outdoors, every day.
- Prepare meals for the children and often for the family
- Dress the children and teach them to dress themselves
- Diapering and toilet training
- Grooming, bathing, brushing hair and providing the children overall goals in hygiene
- Light housekeeping— this does range depending on the age and needs of the children. Normally, in charge of tidying areas that the children have played and had meals, the children’s laundry, sterilizing bottles, and toys. Sometimes families will pay extra to have more complex cleaning completed.
- Work together with the family on appropriate rules and discipline.
- Bring the children to activities outside the home, i.e., play groups, lessons, sport activities
- Care for children when they are sick
Hand Picked Related Articles