How much does a nanny cost in British Columbia?
Work-life balance can get overwhelming. Hiring a nanny is a great way to ease up on your daily hustle - allowing you to relax a bit! Nanny rates depend on the number of children you have and the duties required by the nanny. These duties can include preparing meals, taking the kids to school, doing laundry, etc. Nannies can also provide nighttime or newborn care if that is what you're searching for. Learn about nanny costs up-front, so you can determine what type of nanny meets the needs of your family. To help, we have created a guide to how much you can expect to pay nannies in your area.
So how much does a nanny cost? From our research, on average they charge $20.00 an hour in British Columbia.
Nanny rates in British Columbia
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of June 9, 2023
I'm available on weekends as I'm working 9-5 during weekdays. I can handle kids and toddlers, I get along with them very well and look after their needs. I also worked as a nanny in 2019 in Belgium where I took care of 3 kids from a family. I pick them up from school and drop them at the home. I provide them dinner and play with them in the evenings.
I am Babita, a hardworking and experienced nanny living in Surrey, British Columbia. As a passionate and responsible caregiver, I am committed to providing quality care for children. I love spending time with kids and helping them to develop their educational, physical, and social skills. I provide loving, safe, and stimulating environment for children while their parents are away. I have many years of experience in childcare, including infant and toddler experience. I'm very reliable and punctual, and I come with an excellent reference. My rate is $20.00 an hour. If you're looking for a reliable, experienced, and passionate nanny in Surrey BC, please don't hesitate to message me. I have excellent communication skills and I'm very organized. I'm very good at creating fun and engaging activities for children. I'm also able to provide light housekeeping duties while caring for the children. I'm committed to helping children learn and grow in a safe and supportive environment. If you are looking for a nanny in Surrey, British Columbia, please feel free to contact me. As a reliable and experienced nanny, I’m confident that I can provide the best childcare and housekeeping services to you
Nanny/Babysitter Pet/House Sitter And all round help available, happy to answer any questions! Previous Experience: - 2 years experience with special needs children as a teaching assistant in a SEN school (Wirral) This was alongside working as a support worker for a SEN teenager at weekends and afterschool - 6 months care work experience for elderly and vulnerable adults - numerous pet care for short and long term, some requiring house sitting Full clean driving licence First Aid Trained SEN Experience Also experienced in teaching children to Swim, Sail and Windsurf. Trustworthy and reliable 😁 References Available
Factors that impact the cost of a nanny
There are lots of factors that can impact the cost of hiring a nanny. The main things to take into consideration are:
- Location - The cost of a nanny can vary significantly based on where you live. In general, larger cities and more affluent areas tend to have higher nanny rates.
- Experience and qualifications - Nannies with special experience might charge more for their services. Things like first aid certifications or experience working with newborns of special needs children should be considered.
- Number of children - The more children you have, the higher the cost of a nanny will typically be. Oftentimes, the cost per child we decrease the more children you have.
- Duties and responsibilities - Keep in mind the other things you might need your nanny to take care of. Things like cooking, cleaning, or pet sitting might also impact the cost.
- Hours and schedule - Need overnight care, or coverage for longer hours? These factors will certainly play a role.
- Benefits and perks - Nannies work full-time, so you might consider offering additional benefits like health insurance, paid time off, or retirement plans.
Find a nanny near you
Thousands of qualified nannies join every day. We've got you covered.
Other costs you might not know of
We’ve already talked about the factors that impact the direct cost of hiring a nanny. But there are other costs you might not have thought of!
- Taxes - When you hire a nanny, you become their employer, which means you're responsible for paying taxes. It's essential to factor these costs into your budget when hiring a nanny. Looking for help managing and organizing your taxes? We’ve partnered with Heartpayroll to make nanny payroll a breeze.
- Yearly Bonuses - It's common to offer nannies a yearly bonus as a way to show your appreciation for their hard work. This can range from a small bonus to an extra week's pay, and it's another cost to consider.
- Cost of Activities for Kids - Depending on the age of your children and the activities you want them to participate in, there may be additional costs associated with hiring a nanny. For example, if you want your nanny to take your children to music classes or sports activities, you'll need to factor in the cost of those activities.
- Transportation Reimbursement - If your nanny is responsible for transporting your children, you may want to offer a transportation reimbursement to cover the cost of gas.
Keep in mind that while cost is an important factor to consider when hiring a nanny, it's not the only factor. Most importantly, hiring a nanny is all about finding someone who’s a great fit for your family and has the experience and qualifications you’re looking for.