Mother's Day Wish Listby Martha Scully • May 09, 2013
My family hasn't asked me what I want for Mother's Day this year, so I'm posting this wish list so they know. While I posted something similar in 2009, they still haven't gotten the hint!
Firstof all, although very much appreciated, flowers and gifts are not necessary. A nice card, especially hand-made, is perfect.
But, here is what I would really love, from sun-up to sun-down:
- Complete silence until I wake at my leisure
- All electronics put away for the day
- Someone else walks the dog and feeds her
- Coffee and the day's Globe & Mail brought to me in bed
- A shower...by myself with no interruptions
- Breakfast of fruit with good granola and a poached egg made for me
- My husband and my daughters will weed the front garden while I enjoy my second cup of coffee
- A leisurely family walk along the ocean after breakfast
- Lunch on the beach together...a picnic basket with anything in it
- An afternoon nap, with anyone who wants to join me (I love naps)
- Spa time with both daughters at home...
- ...while my husband prepares a seafood dinner
- Talk to my two sisters on the phone with no interruptions so we can remember our own mother
- Look at family albums and videos from the past
- End the day by reading together as a family in bed
That's it...that's all I want. Family, feel free to refer to this list every year!
To see my past posts about Mother's Day...
To see all my blogs...