Dear Potential Nanny:
We are seeking a loving and experienced live-out or live-in nanny to care for our two 1 year old daughters and a neighbouring families 1 year old son in our home, located in Hendrick Farm in Chelsea, Quebec. All three are happy and easy-going with excellent eating and sleeping routines. We would like a nanny to prioritize creative play, outdoor activities, crafts, music and ways to teach helping with daily activities like tidying and baking. In addition, we a would like them to have opportunities to play with other children at local play groups and through appropriate outings. The nanny position is available as of September. Details regarding the position are below:
▪ Hours: The position is 40 hours per week, with the potential for additional hours in the evenings, Monday through Friday.
▪ Experience & Attributes: Experience caring for children 1 year and up, preferably with prior nanny, daycare, or early childhood education experience; caring, reliable, punctual, and responsible with good judgment; excellent communication skills; energetic and interested in performing a variety of indoor and outdoor developmental activities with our toddlers without reliance on electronic entertainment; positive and encouraging disposition, while able to enforce rules.
▪ Additional Requirements: Clean criminal record check; valid driver's license and excellent driving record; must provide own transportation to and from work; possess or willing to obtain first aid certificate; non-smoker; drug-free.
▪ Duties: Primary child-care and nurturing, including maintaining a daily log of activities; child meal and snack preparation during the day; child bathing and dressing, as needed; child transportation to/from local activities (car seats and vehicle will be provided). Secondary duties may include assistance with evening meal preparation; assistance with child and household laundry; assistance with errands (e.g. online grocery and household orders, etc.); and light housekeeping(e.g. dishes, tidying, occasional vacuuming and dusting).
▪ Compensation: Highly competitive; to be discussed based upon experience and qualifications.
▪ Philosophy: We would like to build a positive, healthy, and trust-based relationship with a nanny who will become an integral part of our two families daily life. We believe clear, honest, and respectful two-way communication is an essential component to the relationship. We offer a pleasant and warm work environment in a clean and comfortable home, with a large green space in front of the house, a natural playground within 5 min walking distance and a network of local trails for playing and exploring. We are a pet-free and smoke-free home. We hope to find someone who will enthusiastically care for our children as they grow and become happy, confident, well-mannered, and kind-hearted little people.
If you believe you may be a match for our two families, please send your qualifications, contact information for at least two professional references, weekday schedule constraints, start date availability, and compensation expectations to:
Stephanie Sciberras & Geneviève Dunn
Email: [email protected]
; Geneviè[email protected]
Subject: Nanny Application