Cleaning With Vinegarby Martha Scully • November 18, 2014
Some housekeepers clean 4 - 5 houses a day. This means lots of soaps, sprays, and rinses that can be harmful to our bodies and hard on our homes. Give Vinegar a try! People have been using vinegar as a safer alternative for ages.
It can be used to remove stains, eliminate odors, polish counter-tops, and it's food safe!
It won't harm your kids, and it won't harm your pets.
Let's explore the uses of vinegar one room at a time:
- Freshen sponges and dish-clothes - Soak overnight before laundry day in bucket of water and 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar.
- Remove soap scum and smells from the dishwasher by running an empty machine with one cup of white distilled vinegar.
- Bringing a bowl of vinegar and water solution to a rolling boil in the microwave for three minutes make it easy to wipe down and remove odors.
- Mix one part salt to four parts white distilled vinegar and scrub away soap scum!
- Soak toilet basin with three cups white distilled vinegar for 30 minutes before scrubbing and flushing.
- Vinegar can also be used as shampoo for people with dandruff and sensitive skin.
- Clean the windows using a half part vinegar and half part water solution.
- Mix one cup white distilled vinegar to every four cups of water for a carpet cleaner.
- Reduce static without adding half a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
- Add a splash of white distilled vinegar to soapy water. Put in a spray bottle and wipe down toys and surfaces to disinfect.
There you have it... cleaning with vinegar room by room. Get more ideas online, as there are WAY too many uses for vinegar to list. You can comment more great uses below. We'd love to hear!
For more on housekeeping: http://www.canadiannanny.ca/blog/cat/housekeeping/