I've been with my husband for 15 years, and the thought of Valentine's Day presents and activities gets a little more daunting each year. This year, it's been an extremely busy year, so it's very important that we have some "we" time together.
Here are some of the ideas I've come up with so far:
- A day of wine tasting - We live in BC and there are wineries everywhere; over 30 in my local area! We should just get in the car and explore the wine country that surrounds us.
- See a live show - Wow, do I ever miss this! When we were single without kids, we would do this all the time, and I think it would be a great way to reconnect with one another.
- Cook a dinner at home (ALONE!) - We could have our babysitter take the kids out for dinner and a movie so that we can stay home together for a few hours.
- Dance Lessons - Deep down, I know that my husband would hate this idea. I think it could be really fun, or funny ! One of my staff did this one year and they had a great time together.
- Act like teenagers - Go mini-golfing, go-karting, and eat really bad food. We'd probably be the oldest ones there!
It is so important that we put effort into spending time with one another all year around, not just on Valentine's Day, but it sure is a good excuse to go out! Maybe I should try to do one of these things each month with my husband!
More on this topic - Holidays