This Christmas, keep your pets safe and healthy. So many of the things we enjoy at this time of year can be dangerous for your pets:
- Chocolates are dangerous for cats and dogs alike, so make sure you keep these tasty treats out of their reach!
- Poinsettia and mistletoe are poisonous to our pets, and will cause vomiting, diarrhea, and other worrisome symptoms, so make sure they're away from pets.
- Just like their owners, pets like to sip on alcoholic drinks, but this can cause some serious symptoms, so make sure your pets can't get to them.
- Animals may be tempted to gnaw on electrical cords, so make sure they're in good condition each season, and do your best to keep your pets away from them.
- Everyone is familiar with the needles dropped from live Christmas trees; if you pet ingests them, it could puncture their intestines, giving you more reasons to clean them up regularly.
- Candle flames help set the mood, but excited animals may burn themselves on the flame or knock the candle over, causing hot wax to spill or worse, cause a fire. Make sure they're always attended and up out of reach of pets (and children!)
If you are a pet care provider definitely ask your clients what specific allergies their pet has!
H a p p y H o l i d a y s !
More posts like this: - Pet Care