Last month, we gave you some steps to interview a housekeeper. Now that you have a few candidates, it is important to take the time to do a thorough interview.
Here are some questions you can use to gauge what kind of housekeeper each individual is:
- What do you like most about being a housekeeper?
- What do you like least about being a housekeeper?
- What type of cleaning duties do you do?
- If there any cleaning you do not like to do?
- How many houses are you currently responsible for cleaning?
- What size of home have you cleaned in the past? How long do you think it would take you to clean this house?
- Do you clean independently, or do you have a partner? Will anyone be cleaning with you?
- Do you have your own cleaning supplies??
- How long will it take you to travel to my home? Do you have your own car?
- What are your charges? Do any of your services cost extra?
- Will you provide me with a receipt for your services?
- Why are you the best candidate for the job?
- What days or hours do you have available?
- Do you feel comfortable doing a trial day?
- When can you start?
- Do you have liability insurance for any damage that may occur while you are working?
- Are you bonded?
- Would you be willing to sign papers allowing me to perform a background check on you?
- Since you will be in my home on your own, do you feel comfortable with a criminal record check?
- Do you have a list of references specifically for cleaning jobs?
- Are you comfortable around pets?
CanadianNanny.ca can help you with a criminal record check! Contact us about our Screening Services today!
More posts like this: - Housekeeping